Monday, October 19, 2009

What happened to "The Cup of My Blood"?

Some of you might have noticed that the book once known as The Cup of My Blood had recently undergone a transformation to one called The Cenacle Scroll. Those with almost superhuman powers of perception may have even noticed that the synopsis has been ever-so-slightly rewritten to reflect the new title.

However, a close inspection of the sample chapters will show that nary a word of the text has changed. So what's with the title change? Marketing, really. I've always felt that The Cup of My Blood had way too much of a religious connotation to it. There is religious subject matter in the story, to be sure, but faith and religious mysticism are not central to the plot. Quite the contrary; at times, it reads more like "Abbott and Costello meet the Pope." At other times, it's more like an episode of MTV's Road Rules with two wacky graduate students and the Holy Grail on the run in an RV. Overall, it's probably closer to a Michael Crichton-like archeological sci-fi adventure. I think The Cenacle Scrolelicits that better than does The Cup of My Blood. At least that's what I'm hoping.

I'm still waiting on the cover design. That minor detail aside, I'll get it out to you as soon as I can...

No comments:

ShareThis