Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Humans vs. Parrots ... Just how stupid are we?

This stuff really freaks me out. One the one hand. we're constantly reading about how parrot rescue organizations are popping up all over the country, and how they're all struggling to cope with the influx of unwanted parrots given up by people who, at best, can no longer care for them and, at worst, purchased them without knowing what they were getting themselves into.

On the other hand, we're still capturing and trading wild parrots. WTF? Can't they breed parrots in those counties that are still importing wild parrots? I bred Gouldian finches in my freaking bedroom this year (yielding five happy, healthy chicks that I'm keeping, thank you...). If I can do it, are you telling me that they can't breed their own parrots in Japan, or China or wherever the hell they're shipping these poor creatures to?

So watch the video below and get good and pissed off...

No comments:

ShareThis