Saturday, May 22, 2010

It must be the old bartender in me...

I've poured a lot of Johnnie Walker in my day, and have even enjoyed a few sips myself. This little piece tells the storied history of the world-famous brand, and is well worth watching.  A tip of the top hat to Sex, Cigars & Booze for uncovering this gem:
"An amazing 6-minute short film for Johnnie Walker whisky featuring Robert Carlyle walking the hills of Loch Doyne in Scotland recounting, in full detail, the story of how the Scottish farmer turned his product into the world famous brand it is today. Other than the great story, it was filmed in one continuous shot. It took Robert 40 tries to finally get it right."


Johnnie Walker is, of course, proudly poured at the Brookwood Resort, an old Catskill speakeasy featured in my latest novel, The Last Bartender. The story is presently only available as a Kindle ebook, but I'm in the process of finalizing the new (professionally done) cover and hope to have the print edition out to you in June.

No comments:

ShareThis