Tuesday, November 20, 2007

In the editing room...

I think I've got both of these books where I want them now. The Cup of My Blood has been trimmed from its original 117,000 words down to 109,000. And Little Birdies!, which started at a hefty 129,000 words, is now down to a comparatively svelte 117,000 words. The major side plot distractions are gone, so it's all birdies, all the time, and the opening scene has been changed to reflect those changes. I'm going to have to update the sample chapters on my web page to reflect the adjustments.

I had to adjust the synopsis for Birdies, of course, and have pretty much completed the synopsis for The Cup. I just have to get fresh hard copies of the new manuscripts printed and ready to go. Then it's back into the jungle to hunt for an agent...

No comments:

ShareThis