Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award" Contest

It looks like my third novel, Little Birdies!, made the cut over at the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest. It should be noted that this is an earlier version of the story, before I cut 12,000 words from the manuscript and rewrote the opening scene.

The next step is to garner positive reviews. I think all you need to do is to read the sample (it's only the first two chapters or so) and write a few kind words. The link is:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001200CIM.

Please spread the word!

On other news, progress on The Last Bartender is moving along. I'm just over 10,000 words into the story, and have paused to go back and redraw the main character a little. It's funny, but I really don't know who the characters are until I write a bit and see what they do and how they react to the world around them. Once I get a feel for them, I need to know why they do what they do, so I go back and rewrite the backstory so their actions make sense. Seems a little ass-backwards but it gets the job done.

Thanks for your help with the Amazon contest!

No comments:

ShareThis