Thursday, February 02, 2006

Middle America update...

Middle America, the sequel to The Third Revolution, has been pushed back to the front burner. After three months of trying to get the attention of an agent/major publisher, it seems pretty clear that the New York literati don't have much of an interest in what it is that I'm offering. So I'm going to go ahead and take the Publish-on-Demand route that I took with the previous book.

That said, I dropped the manuscript off with the editor this afternoon. I worked with Liz Schevtchuk Armstrong on The Third Revolution, and she proved to be a great asset in polishing-up the final product. I've every confidence that the same will be true of Middle America.

So I expect that the final editing process will go on through February, then all I'm waiting for will be the cover design. Hopefully, the book will be available by the early Spring.

Little Birdies is progressing nicely. I ended January 33,000 words (130 pages) into the first draft, with nary a hint of writer's block anywhere in sight.

And The Third Revolution is still showing signs of life. I'm running a blogad on The Hammer of Truth blog, and, based on the movement of my Amazon.com rank it looks like people are showing some interest in the book. Many thanks! I'll get the sequel out to you as soon as I can!

No comments:

ShareThis