Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Final review!

I completed all the necessary editorial changes and corrections to the Middle America manuscript last week. I then moved the file from MS-Word to Quark to do the text layout (a real pain-in-the-butt; I'm no Quark expert - it took me 5 or 6 hours to get everything to sit still the way I wanted it); I then had to convert the Quark file to an Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) file for publishing. All that was finalized yesterday, and I sent to file to Office Max for a printed copy. I started reviewing the final, fully-formatted manuscript yesterday evening, and will continue all day today/tomorrow until done. Once any lingering, necessary corrections are made the file will go to the publisher. Finally!

I'm still waiting to finalize the cover, but am hopeful that will happen this week as well. It looks like the book should be in print some time in the middle of May.

No comments:

ShareThis