Friday, February 12, 2010

First Foray into E-Publishing...

Little Birdies! is now available as a Kindle e-book. It took me a while to get the formatting straightened out -- I had to convert MS-Word 2001 (Mac) to Quark 4.1 (Mac) to HTML (Kompozer/PC), editing all along the way. And let's not even talk about the illustrations. Plus the fact that I was working blind; not only do I not have a Kindle, but the emulator they let you use to proof your manuscript is only an "approximation" of how the book will appear on the Kindle.

Having said that, while the opening title pages, etc., may be a bit screwy, I'm confident that once the story gets underway, everything has fallen into place rather nicely. And it gave me a chance to make some corrections from the print edition. How could I have spelled "vegetation" wrong (vegitation?) three times in the print edition?! It doesn't even look right...

Anyway, I'm now preparing The Cenacle Scroll for e-publication. I'm still waiting for a cover for that book, so the e-book will come first. E-publishing is supposed to be the next big thing, so we'll see how it goes. It might prove to be a better medium for my work - the pricing structure is much more favorable for independent authors. So... fingers crossed...

No comments:

ShareThis