Wednesday, July 11, 2012

That's a wrap!


I'm still not sure how it happened. The end came quite suddenly and was definitely unexpected, but I do believe that I've just completed my sixth novel, Aqua Vitae. It's a soft-science fiction, action/adventure story that I've been working on for way too long. Here's the snapshot:
Wildlife biologist Jackie Banna may have found just the job to jump-start her stalled career. A potential client with seemingly bottomless pockets and plans for an unorthodox business venture has invited her to his private Caribbean island to discuss her coming on board.

At first glance, the place seems a textbook tropical paradise: glistening white sand beaches, lush highland forests, every inch teeming with exotic flowers and wildlife. But a closer look reveals widespread abnormal behavior among the native animal species; behavior that Jackie recognized as deeply problematic.

Despite her misgivings, she wasn't inclined to turn down a high-paying job on a luxurious private island, especially one that could remake her career, and she relished the independence and professional discretion she would be allowed. But with that independence would come responsibility, and she could already see that there was much more to this island than met the eye...

The new addition weighs in at just over 110,475 words (420 pages or so). I've got lots & lots of editing ahead of me before it's ready for prime time, and at this point I plan on releasing it only as a Kindle edition; the bottom seems to have dropped out of print book sales, at least for me. Meanwhile, you can read the opening chapters of the story here: Aqua Vitae excerpts. And thanks so much for your continued support.

No comments:

ShareThis